Eldon Mellaney believes that a successful consulting engagement requires three things – engagement, collaboration and delivery.
A member in good standing of the International Institute of Business Analysis, Eldon spans the realms of business users and technology professionals to deliver results for his clients.
A technologist first, Eldon holds an undergraduate as well as a graduate degree in Computer Science and has worked as an employee in both the public sector (Industry Canada) and the private sectors, having started or assisted in the start-up of several Ottawa technology companies.
During the last five years, he has worked exclusively as a technology consultant helping companies and government departments design, develop, and improve various software systems and databases. Technologies employed have included:
- Oracle and mySQL databases
- Various application servers (OC4J, Oracle Application Server, JBoss, IBM WebSphere)
- Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports
- Java and PHP
- LINUX and Windows server operating systems
- In addition, Citrix, VMWare and MacOS products have also been used extensively.
Eldon has worked as both a database administrator and software developer, choosing to specialise in Oracle database systems.
He enjoys sharing his findings with his clients in order that they may become better technology developers.